About Me


Name: Val
Home: Rochester, NY, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Six Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures. We all all have them. Something we feel shame for loving. Secret obsessions that we keep secret form the world that we keep secret from the world, because society might not accept that file of Daniel Radcliffe picture on your computer filed "Family Vacation '08." These are a few of mine, brought to light for the first time in history.
1.) Listening to Gary Busey speak. The man is so far gone that everything he says is brilliant. I once laughed for ten minutes after hearing him scream in anger, "I'm going to rip out your endocrine system."
2.) Raw cookie dough. Never in my life have I come across a food more delicious or alluring. Never have I felt such shame as when I polish of a lump straight from the tub.
3.) Youtube. I'm not talking about the wonderful and intelligent user generated content. Nor do I speak of music videos or movies or other media content. Nay I speak of videos about cats, videos that last for ten minutes. Videos of people injuring themselves, making hilarious blunders, all rich in schadenfruede. So much of my time has been sucked into the black hole that is web videos.
4.) Red lipstick. It gets a bad reputation. Girls who wear it are considered "sexually indiscriminate" however the terms used are less kind. Red lipstick is a stigma in the makeup world hiding in the bottom of makeup bags waiting for special occasions. It never gets used. Only furtively can I bring myself to wear it, and its normally off before I leave the house, but those few minutes its on I relish it.
5.)My itunes playlist. The every other song is one that I have to hide under my coat and turn the volume down low, lest anyone catch a line from a defunct boy band. Gracing my playlist are country songs, swedish sugar pop, teen pop groups, DIsney songs, and yes boy bands. Embarressing as these songs may be I dare you to not sing along.
6.) Cartoons. As old as I get I cannot shake the habit of sitting down to watch a good cartoon. I will be forty years old sitting down to watch re-runs of X-men cartoons or Avatar:The Last Airbender. I consider the prospect of having children just so I have excuse to sit down as an adult and rewatch "The Lion King, " and other disney gems.
posted by Val @ 9:20 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home